Observer Node and Observer Campaign are updated in Alli, and now Alli campaigns can monitor changes of certain variables so agents can design follow-up chatflows accordingly. For example, you can trigger a specific type of customer support chatflow from ANY point of the main chatflow using this feature! Let 's check how it works.
Observer node icon is here at the right side of the node bar.
Let's say we want to design a chatflow that says 'Are you abroad?' if @TEST_COUNTRY variable is changed, and says 'You're in a different city.' if @TEST_CITY variable is changed. This is how the Observer node should look like.
- Variables to be monitored by the Observer Node
- Edit or delete (no Clone icon because only one Observer node is allowed in a campaign)
- Options that define what status will be monitored
- Click to add more options.
Let's have a closer look at the Options.
- Drag to change the order of the options.
Order of Options is important. Option listed first always has priority, so with the setting above, the Observer node will check if @TEST_COUNTRY has changed and follow the flow if that's the chase. And only when that's not the case, the node checks if @TEST_CITY has changed.
- Click to clone or delete the option.
- Variable and the status to be monitored (multiple conditions are allowed)
When you click +ADD OPTION or any of the existing options, you'll see this option editor.
- Variable to monitor in the option. You can select the existing one or create one from the dropdown.
- Status to monitor. You can select between 'has changed' and 'has not changed'.
- Remove the condition.
- Add a new condition.
- Save the conditions and go back to the node editor.
One example of the chatflow described at the beginning of this guide will look like this. You don't need to connect a previous node for the Observer node since the node is triggered whenever the monitored status change is made.
Once the Observer node is triggered, it follows the chatflow from the Observer node and goes to the next node from where the Observer node was triggered. For example, from the chatflow above, the flow will be 1-2-3-(4-1 or 4-2)-5.
You can create separate Observer campaigns and let it monitor other campaigns. To create an Observer campaign, click on the OBSERVER tab in the Alli dashboard main menu first.
- Click to see the list of Observer campaigns (Click NORMAL to see non-Observer campaigns).
- Click to add a new Observer campaign.
- Check and edit the name of the campaign.
- Turn on/off, clone, delete.
- Click to edit the chatflow.
You don't need to learn how to design an Observer campaign from the scratch because it is pretty much the same with normal campaigns. The only difference is that that there's no Start node in Observer campaigns because the campaign is only triggered by the Observer node in it.
There are a few more things to remember regarding the Observer node and Observer campaign:
- To avoid any logical confusion, only one Observer node is allowed in one campaign.
- For the same reason, only one Observer campaign can be activated at a time.
- When a campaign with an Observer node and an Observer campaign are activated at the same time, the Observer node in the normal campaign has priority over the one in the Observer campaign.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer team.