Python Developer (US)
We are actively looking for an experienced Python engineer who is passionate, self-motivated, and detail oriented to help us deliver cutting-edge AI technologies. Prior experience in AI is not required. We will provide the perfect training ground for you to cut your teeth in AI.
Location: Greater Houston Area or San Francisco Bay Area
Python Developer Job Description
Location: Hybrid, Houston, TX, or San Francisco or Los Angeles, CA
Reports To: Product Manager, Taekyoung Lim
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Job Classification: Exempt
Position Type: Full Time
Who We Are:
Allganize improves the lives of the world’s office workers with Ai. We are a series-A stage startup that leverages best-in-class Ai to help enterprise customers automate answering questions from a myriad of complex text documents. Our applications include assisting service representatives in customer support centers, providing customer support chatbots, enhancing end-user web and mobile app search experiences, and extracting important entities from text contracts for underwriters and agents.
Our select customers include SMBC, Travelers, MS&AD Insurance, SMBC Nikko Securities, JPOWER, KAO, KB Financial Group, Nomura Securities, Hitachi group, KDDI, Hyundai Credit Card and Coca Cola Bottlers.
Life at Allganize:
We think you'll love working at Allganize! Team members at Allganize enjoy a competitive salary plus equity (for many positions), medical and dental coverage, the work-life balance of copious amounts of PTO, a flexible 8-hour workday, remote work three days per week, and our ultra-casual dress code.
Connect with your teammates over weekly team lunches and game nights, at our annual global offsite retreat, and share your unique insights and diverse background and experience at our monthly town hall meetings with the Founder & CEO.
Houston HQ campus amenities include a fitness center, basketball courts, wellness rooms, complimentary continental breakfasts, The Urban Ranch restaurant, CityWest Cafe, The Bistro, Starbucks, Esquire Fine Cleaners, Goodyear Complete Auto Care, WellSmiles Dental, & Zagster Bike Rentals. And, if you’re thirsty, grab a free Monster Energy drink or BYOB!
Who You Are:
As our Python Developer, you’re joining an elite team of engineers working cross-functionally with product development, sales and marketing, and executive leaders to define, develop, and publish new tools and solutions in support of business objectives. You’re gifted at writing clean, testable, and scalable code to develop backend elements, integrate the frontend elements in the application, and manage the data interchange between the server and users.
In this highly-specialized position, you’ll demonstrate remarkable critical thinking skills in addition to an expert-level understanding of object-relational mapping, experience with server-side logic, and mastery of Python, SQL, Java, and other scripting languages. You’re comfortable in an Agile environment and publishing to GitHub. Finally, you possess a working knowledge of frontend technologies and collaborate seamlessly with frontend developers. Ultimately, you’re a top-of-class Python developer able to bring to life highly responsive web-applications that perfectly meet the needs of stakeholders.
Specifically, you’ll tackle these roles and responsibilities with relative ease:
- Coordinate with internal engineering, product development, sales and marketing, and executive leaders to understand requirements, define, and design software solutions.
- Design and execute low-latency, high-availability, and high-performing applications.
- Write efficient, reusable, scalable, testable, and readable code.
- Design and build backend logic in Django.
- Create modular and reusable component libraries that can be shared across projects.
- Build GraphQL APIs for data exchange between frontend and AI servers.
- Integrate user-facing elements with server-side logic in collaboration with frontend developers.
- Integrate data to turn them into actionable insights to drive better and faster decision-making.
- Conduct code reviews.
- Pack and deploy applications using Docker and Kubernetes.
- Monitor and optimize server and database performance to enhance functionality.
- Manage and create documentation for tools, strategies, and data pipelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
In addition, you have these qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience with a Python framework like Django, Flask, or Pyramid, or the equivalent post-graduate degree plus experience.
- A minimum of three years of professional experience with RDBMS, especially PostgreSQL.
- Knowledge of server-side templating languages such as Django, Jinja 2, and Mako.
- Deep understanding of multi-process (define, design, and create) cloud architecture projects and the threading limitations of Python.
- Hands-on experience with data integration from multiple sources and databases.
- Experience with Git and GitHub, Docker, Kubernetes containerization, cloud deployments, and deployment tooling.
- A strong background in web and mobile development.
- Understanding of software design patterns.
- Experience in a Scrum/Agile environment.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- Experience developing applications on AWS and GCP platforms.
- Experience working in a hybrid office environment and using remote tools.
- The ability to converse, read, and write in Korean is beneficial but not required.
Our Tech Stacks Are:
- Application and Data: Python, GraphQL, Node js
- Frameworks: Django, React
- Servers: Keras, Tensorflow
- Cloud Infrastructure: AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- Database: PostgreSQL
- Load Balance: NGINX
- Cache: Redis
- Containerization & Deployment: Docker, Kubernetes
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Activities, duties, and responsibilities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
Allganize will provide reasonable accommodations during the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please email email@example.com.
EEO Policy Statement:
At Allganize, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for the benefit of our employees, our company, and our community.
As such, Allganize is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
To apply: Send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org