Alli is powered by Machine Reading Comprehension (MRC) AI, so customers or agents can find answers from uploaded documents directly (Check out Fill the answer directly from your documents and Direct Answer from Uploaded Documents). With feedback from our valued customers, we decided to step further and add 'Answer with MRC' node in Alli's skill editor. Let's see how it works!
To use the MRC node, you should first upload documents to DOCUMENTS tab in the FAQ menu. Please check Fill the answer directly from your documents to see more details.
In the skill editor, you can find the 'Answer with MRC' node icon on the left side of the node icon bar. Click to create a node.
To get the question from customers
- Edit, duplicate, remove.
- Select User input to ask your customer to type in a question.
- Customize the question to ask.
- Check to repeat the question when enter the node.
- Check to set actions when any answer is found from documents.
- Select hashtags to find answers only in the documents with selected hashtags. You can select variables too, and it works when the variable value is one of the existing hashtags.
To auto-assign the question from a variable
- To assign the question for the MRC node automatically from a variable value, select the Variable here. Since the node already has the question asked, it will look for the answer right away when the Skill flow gets to the node.
- Select the variable that you want to get the question from.
Everything else is pretty much the same when getting the question from customers.
I recommend to check your MRC configurations before using the node. MRC configurations icon is here under FAQ > DOCUMENTS :
MRC configurations affects the MRC node and Direct Answer from Uploaded Documents in the FAQ node.
- Score threshold to filter relevant answers found from documents (Alli only shows answers with higher Score than this value)
- Number of answer candidates to be shown
- Check to see the source document and the link
- Reset any changes made
- Apply the changes
When you make any changes, check the preview result by asking question in the search bar and press enter.
Don't forget to click APPLY to save the configurations. Once you set everything up, you can see the MRC node gives you answers in seconds when a question is asked!