Building Q&A or knowledge base answers is often an unstructured task. The Answer with Q&A node simplifies this process as Alli understands and automatically curates responses from the content you provide.
To use this feature, you will have to first upload your Q&A knowledge base on the Q&A page. Please see this user guide for more details: Alli - Setting up Q&A Chat.
In the chat builder, the Q&A node icon can be found here.
1. You can decide how to get the question.
- Selecting 'User input' allows you to type in a message to show to the customer. The customer can ask a Q&A question after seeing the message.
- Selecting 'Variable' allows you to assign a variable to use the value of it as a question. When the skill gets to the Q&A node, the node will look for the answer right away since the question is already given.
2. When a question is answered, Alli repeats the Q&A node process to answer another question (In most cases. Please see #7 below for more details). If this option is unchecked, the message you entered in 1 will not be repeated. This option doesn't show up if 'Variable' is selected as the question source in #1.
3. When there are no Q&A matches, Alli will automatically look for answers from uploaded documents under the DOCUMENTS tab. Please see Alli New Feature - Direct Answer from Uploaded Documents to learn more.
4. With this option you can set a different flow when a question is answered by 3.
5. Use this option to select hashtags to let this Q&A node only look for Q&As with selected hashtags. You can select variables too, and it works when the variable value is one of the existing hashtag.
6. When your user selects Q&A entries with the hashtags added here, then you can set a different route for every hashtag.
7. When this option is checked, Alli will not repeat the Q&A node and will route the chat flow to another node from the 'Other' option under the node. It's a little complicated to visualize how this feature works, so refer to the example below.
In the chat flow above, each case from A to E routes the flow to different nodes.
A: Q&A with '#company' hashtag is selected (or directly answered).
B: An Q&A is selected from the suggestions and it's not an A case.
C: Answers are extracted from uploaded documents.
D: Alli suggested some Q&A but the user selected 'None of the above'
E: Alli could not suggest any Q&A or find answers from the uploaded documents.
If Add Selection "Other" is not checked, the Q&A node will repeat in case of B.
8. This option allows you to save a user's response in a variable.
Q&A node is one of the most important nodes in Alli. You can check out more user guides related to FAQ nodes using the links below.
- Knowledge Base Overview
- Setting up Q&A
- Uploading Q&A with Images
- Uploading Q&A with Links and Text Styles
- Fill the answer directly from your documents
- Direct Answer from Uploaded Documents
- Synonym/Antonym Dictionary
- Multiple Questions for Q&A
- Letting Customer Feedback Affects Q&A Search Result
- Q&A Configuration
Learn More About Allganize's Technology